Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dock Dogs


This past weekend Bradley and I competed at a dock dogs competition. The dogs run and jump into the water and the distance they jump is measured. The dock that they run on is 40 feet long and 2 feet above the water. Bradley gave me a scare this weekend. We got on the dock and I put him in his usual sit stay, called him and threw the ball in water, he ran to the end of the dock and put on the brakes. I just kept saying get the ball buddy, go get your ball. He finally jumped into the water, wow that was a close one. I was very relieved to see that he was right back to jumping off the dock at full speed after that hesitation. He earned his Novice dock dog title. Bradley earned 2 first place medals, one second place medal, and two qualifying medals. We had a great weekend. John sure enjoyed getting to see Bradley up there diving off the dock.

No comments: