Thursday, February 21, 2008

You will never believe this!


Ok...I know I have lost my mind there is no need to tell me about it. I got a call today and Chester may very well become a family member. Yes, this does mean that we will have 4 count 'em 4 Boston Terrier boys. John is totally thrilled that Chester may come and live with us. Chester is a wonderful little guy. He is very sweet and just wants to be loved. He gets along with the boys very well and I am sure it will be no problem for him to stay. He has been accident free
for 18 days now. He even used the dog door in the ice storm and that is a major step for him not to mess in the house when it is cold outside. My grandparents are also happy to learn that Chester maybe staying in the family. They really fell for him while he was here. I think we should know for sure in a week or so if he will be staying.



I guess I should confess now that I have already made training plans for Chester if he does stay. My goal for Chester will be to first pass the CGC test. I know this is going to take some work on both our parts as Chester is still a bit jumpy when it comes to loud noises. We have been working on stay and we are up to about 45 to 50 seconds. We are working toward a full minute. We also need to do some work with down stay and other folks coming up and brushing him as he is not real fond of the brush yet. I have also noticed that when I walk him around the neighborhood that he is a bit scared as cars pass by us. We will definitely have to work on that.

1 comment:

Katrina Hunt said...

omDOG!!! welcome to the world of 4!!! Can I link your blog on mine?? Kat