Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is what I have been up to

I did get Chester to his vet appointment and the gals in the office were flipping me shit about having a bill ready to go out in the mail. I asked them if was going to say please pay in X number of jars of apple butter. We all laughed. They said that they ate apple butter on everything until it was gone. I make a point to be good to the gals in the office and my vet. They are always willing to answer any questions I have and they have been taking care of My Boston's for the last 8 years. We got Chester's shots all caught up, rymadil for Bradley (Mr. 100 mph) and interceptor for all the boys. Now I just need to get the new shot record to St. John's pediatrics tomorrow when Chester goes for his visit. I need to see if PTO needs the new copy too.

Went to my Mom's this past weekend and put photo albums together. She must have been saving photos for the last I don't know how many years. We spent the better part of 8 hours working on photos and when we used all the albums she had, she found 3 more boxes of photos. Wow, guess I will be going back for a round two. While Mom and I were working on photos my step-dad went to the store and when he got home you know the dogs had to see who was coming in. Bentley ran down stairs to great him. As Floyd opened the door from the garage to the house, Bentley ran out into the garage with out Floyd knowing. Floyd went in and put all the groceries away went back to the laundry room and heard a dog crying in the garage. When he opened the door there was Bentley. Thank Goodness because the entire time he was in the garage the garage door was wide open. He could have gone anywhere in Tulsa, OK he would have liked. I am so glad he decided to stay close to home. Floyd would have never forgiven himself if something had happened to my boy. Floyd took me out to the shooting range and that was fun. I hadn't shot a gun since I was a kid.

I have a really neat vacation planned this year. My best friend Meghan, her son Kieran, her friend Dan and I are going backpacking in the Grand Canyon. We are going to the Havasupai reservation. It is beautiful and I am totally excited. I got our reservations for camping confirmed so the trip is official. We will be camping 3 nights. The hike in is 8 miles to the Indian reservation and 2 more miles to the campsite. I am totally excited. I have been compiling my supplies already but we aren't going until June. I am working on trying to get in shape for the hike. I have started cutting back on the crap I eat and I have been walking more. The next thing I need to get is my hiking boots so I can start breaking them in. No, my husband isn't going because hiking and roughing it really isn't his thing. I love it. Just think for 3 days I won't have to answer a phone or a pager. I can just admire the beauty of the Grand Canyon and the waterfalls, could it get any better? That is one thing I love just getting away. I think that is why I like to go the Bennett and trout fish, you just forget about everything but the fish. If you like hiking and you want to see some beautiful country google Havasupai. It is truly and amazingly beautiful place.

No comments: