Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The start of the new year

My best friend Meghan and her son came down over new years. We had a great time and I really enjoyed hanging out with them. We were roommates for the first two years of her son's life. I can't hardly believe he will be ten this year. Yes I know, I am getting old. While she was here we planned and awesome vacation to the Grand Canyon. I am beyond excited about that and have done a ridiculous amount of research for the trip already. It will be an 10 mile hike to the campground and I am not sure how much more hiking we will be doing our 3 night stay. This will be my first backpacking trip so I am trying to learn all I can. I already purchased my pack and my next big purchase will be my hiking boots. The rest of my supplies I am going to try to aquire in a thrifty manner since things can add up fast. My goal for my pack is 25lbs or less and this should include everything I will need for the time I am there. Meghan emailed today and Kieran broke his arm, poor kid, I hope it heals up with no trouble.

I am off work tomorrow so I am going to be the exciting chore of taking down the Christmas tree. It shouldn't take to long to take down but then I have to put it in the attic. Speaking of attic I so should have done this a few days ago when the weather was nice. I really need to go through that attic and get rid of some things that are stored up there that I am more than likely never going to use. My plan was to do that this past summer and get the items to a garage sale but you see that didn't happen. I am hoping now that I can just get them to good will.

It is time for Chester to go the vet for his shots and I have set an appointment for him twice and forgotten about it both times. My vet probably would like to kick me in the butt. I feel really bad and I appoligized to the ladies in the office. I rescheduled for this Thursday when I have a day off and this time I wrote it on the calander.

2 comments:

- Min - said...

i'm totally in the same boat with the attic & garage sale thing. I tried twice in September and it just didn't come together like I'd hoped. For me, this years motto is "less is more", thus I'm looking to downsize seriously.

Nicki said...

Your vet probably does want to kick you in the butt! Ha-ha